REC announces new business area formation
On October 11 th, 2005, Renewable Energy Corporation (REC) announced the formation of its silicon division business area (REC Silicon Division) comprising of the operations of REC Advanced Silicon Materials LLC (ASiMI) and REC Solar Grade Silicon LLC (SGS). The companies will hereafter do business as "REC Silicon Division", with "ASiMI" as its trade mark for silicon gases.
Gøran Bye will head the REC Silicon Division and has been appointed Executive Vice President of REC. He has been with the REC Group since 2002, has been a key member of the silicon business area and was closely involved in the process of acquiring Advanced Silicon Materials LLC from Komatsu.
Further internal announcements have been made in the REC Silicon Division Management team:
- Terie Ellis: Senior Vice President/Finance
- Tor Hartmann: Senior Vice President/Expansion Projects
- Dave Seburn: Director of Operations
- Kurt Levens: Director of Sales & Marketing
- Ron Reis: Director of Technology & Quality
- Dean Martinez: Manager of Administration
- Kent Stephens: Manager of Health, Safety & Environmental Affairs